How are the different exams conducted?
Category: In general
Exam in banking intermediation, insurance distribution & credit intermediation
On the day of the examination, you go to the examination centre specified at the time of your registration. To ensure a smooth registration process, you must be at the centre 15 minutes before the start of the exam session. Bring your valid identity card with you. After the identity check, you receive your access code for the exam session via the method you selected (SMS or e-mail) in your user profile on our learning platform. You need this code to start the exam. You can only start once the examiner has activated the exam. You have the choice of whether or not to display the remaining session time/exam questions on the screen. Access to the exam cannot be guaranteed if you are not present on time.
The training and exam process is summarised below:
- After you have received the confirmation e-mail, you have access to the Febelfin Academy learning platform where you can find the various syllabuses (6) and exercise questions via the question bank. These questions are similar but not identical to the exam questions.
- On a fixed date, the theory exam takes place at one of the premises of Febelfin Academy. The maximum duration of the exam is 3 hours.
- You will be asked a number of multiple-choice questions for which you must answer at least 60% successfully in order to be able to proceed to the workshops. You are not permitted to use any materials or syllabuses.
- The exam result will be made known to you immediately.
- Should you obtain an unsatisfactory score for this theory exam, we will contact you to schedule a resit as soon as possible, should you so wish.
- The practical workshops take place on 3 fixed dates. Here the most important aspects are repeated, you are given the opportunity to ask questions and practical cases are handled, similar to the cases during the practical exam.
- The practical exam is organised afterwards. The exact date will be confirmed to you at the end of the first day of the workshops.
- The practical exam consists of the preparation and presentation of two cases to a professional jury. You are given one hour to prepare and can use the syllabus provided by Febelfin Academy.
- You must achieve at least 60% for the practical exam.
- If you pass both exams with a minimum of 60%, you are then deemed to have passed the Certified Compliance Officer exam and the certificate is awarded. You will be notified of the result by e-mail after the entire exam session has been completed (after all candidates have taken their exams).